Administrative Volunteers assist staff at the HHCH office. Duties may include filing, computer tasks, answering phones, assistance with program-related tasks, photocopying, etc.
Steps to Become an Administrative Volunteer
1. Review our website and familiarize yourself with what we do.
2. Complete Application Form.
3. Contact HHCH to make arrangements for an interview with the coordinator. Be prepared to answer questions about why you wish to volunteer, your skills, experiences, etc.
4. Reference checks will be completed by coordinator.
5. Volunteer will need to complete a “Police Information Check” through York Region Police (fee to be paid by volunteer).
6. Orientation and training specific to the project you are working on will be provided.
Commitment: 2 to 4 hours per week minimum 1 year commitment.